Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Mid Semester Dash

Hello everybody!

Whoa!  It seems like last week I was writing my first blog of the semester and now here I am doing it again.  I guess time flies when you are having fun!  Second rounds of exams are finishing up and round three starts next week, boy where did time go.  Like many of my fellow boilermakers and ambassadors I make my way home most weekends to help on the family farm and to deer hunt.  Balancing everything can be difficult but it is always worth it when the combine is put away, a couple tags are filled, and my grades turn out better than expected (most of the time).  This week is even busier as I will be leaving Friday for Phoenix, Arizona as we head to SASES for contests and expanding our agronomy knowledge.  Here we will be able to put our skills to the test; public speaking, crops judging, visual presentations, quiz bowl, and so much more.  We will also be able to network with employers, other universities, and build our relationships with current students.  

I hope everyone had a successful career fair and your interviews went well.  Some will receive great news and some will receive bad news.  I want to encourage everyone to be thankful for the offers that you receive and to look into other opportunities if you are unable to lock in an internship that you want.  Purdue Agronomy (research laboratories) hires many students to assist with sample collection and processing. There is also a bulletin by the north stairwell in Lilly that has current job postings as well.  Opportunities are out there so do not be afraid to keep looking and you will find the perfect position!  

Feel free to contact me anytime!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Nick Thompson

thomp381@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment