Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Seventh Week!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Sarah Voglewede, and I am a sophomore studying Agronomy with a concentration in Business and Marketing and a minor in Food and Agribusiness Management. I cannot believe that we are entering our seventh week here on campus this semester! It has gone by even faster my second year around! I have been pretty involved in Agronomy Club and my Student Ambassador positions. Exams are in full swing right now, and I'm looking forward to fall break! I currently don't have any set plans, but not being in class and enjoying the fall weather will be a blessing!

The career fair is also this week! I hope everyone is planning on going! It is a great opportunity to meet potential employers as well as brush up on "soft" skills that employers are looking for. I was really nervous about going my freshman year, but after a few hours I had two interviews for the next day. I ended up getting an internship this past summer that will help me get my dream internship this summer. It can be really intimidating to walk into a room filled with recruiters and older students, but just remember that you are there to further your career and network. My best advice is to ask the recruiters questions. It shows that you at invested in their company and the job opening they have available.

Good luck to everyone! If you have any questions or need help let me know (svoglewe@purdue.edu)!

Sarah Voglewede

No comments:

Post a Comment