Pages

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Semester Wrap Up

Hey Everyone!

With the semester coming to an end and the excitement of Christmas break coming I hope everyone is having a great start to December. As I say every December and every May here at Purdue, I can’t believe the semester is already over. 18 more credits down and I still can't be any happier as a Boilermaker!

To all prospective students, this is a very exciting time for you, as December 15th approaches and waiting to hear back from schools is tiring it makes it a crazy time. It feels like it was yesterday I was waiting for the mail every day to hopefully see an envelope with my name on it.  Purdue was one of the schools that I heard back from first and I remember the day opening up my envelope. At the time I was unsure if I wanted to travel 16 hours from home to come to a school I didn’t know that much about but I can assure you that coming to school at Purdue was one of the best decisions I have ever made. 

The decision of choosing a school is stressful and hard. The advice that I would give you is to write out all the pros and cons of every school you are considering. That is something I did when I was picking between my top two schools. It is important to try to picture yourself in all the different aspects of the college from your classes to your friendships to even the school’s moral. Choosing Purdue and more specifically the agronomy department was the best thing I have ever done, it has opened up so many doors for me and I can truly say I found my home away from home. 

I wish you all the best of luck with your decisions! As always feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Happy Holidays

Julia Fibbe 
jfibbe@purdue.edu 



No comments:

Post a Comment