Pages

Monday, December 4, 2017

Decisions, Decisions

Hello Everyone!

As the semester winds down and winter break quickly approaches, it is hard to figure out where these past 14 weeks have gone. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was moving back to Purdue from my internship, and classes were starting back up. With every passing week I think that we are all reminded that our time here at Purdue is limited, and graduation is not too far away for many of us. With my graduation date quickly approaching I need to decide what direction I want to go in my career field. Do I want to directly enter the work force, or do I want to continue my education with graduate school?

This decision is probably much like the one some of you maybe facing when it comes to deciding on what college you would like to attend. It can be extremely difficult to make decisions in two or four-year blocks of time just because, so much can change. However, if there is one thing that I have learned throughout my collegiate career it is to risk it. I think that many of us have heard to old saying, “no risk, no reward.” I’ll be honest, not all the risks I have taken have paid off, however if there is one thing that has remind constant it is that I have learned a great deal from each risk, either positive or negative. Take the risk. Risk leaving that small town that you may feel comfortable in, risk choosing a college that might be far away, risk leaving your significant other, risk pursing the major you have always dreamed of. This world is a big place, and if there is one thing you can do for yourself, it is to risk the opportunity to grow and explore at Purdue.

I hope that may of you decide that Purdue is right for you, and if you have any hesitations about Purdue itself, or the Agronomy department, please reach out and ask!  
   
Happy Holidays,

Nicholas Fanning
njfannin@purdue.edu  



No comments:

Post a Comment