Pages

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Graduation

I cant help but think as I am writing this of where has time gone.  You will hear day in and out that college will FLY by.  Honestly, I was told several times that college will go fast and that when you graduate you will regret not making the most of it.  When I was a freshman I heard the same story, make the most of college it is the best time of your life.  Now, as a senior I am writing this thinking of all of the things I could have done differently.  I could have studied harder, got more involved in clubs, stayed on campus more, and so much more.  I feel like I should have focused more on becoming involved on campus.   Becoming involved on campus will help you build your resume, and friend base.  Friends are what make college a blast.  The people you meet in college will become the best man/woman in your wedding, your roommates, wife/husband and so much more!  I met my wife in college and will be holding our reception on this very campus, as it has meant so much to us. 

Honestly, the goal of this post is not to encourage choosing Purdue as a college, or even to chose agronomy as your major, but to influence you to do the most you can during your time in college.  I graduate in two weeks, actually less than two weeks.  I never believed people when they said college will go very fast, when I was a freshman I thought college would last forever, it will not.  I miss freshman year, I miss sophomore year, and I miss my last semester of senior year since I am graduating early.  I wish I could go back and join that club I was interested in, run for an executive position for my fraternity, and go hang out with my friends instead of studying for an exam I already felt comfortable with.  Now, my next transition into the real world will not be too much different as I will be attending graduate school at Purdue.  But, it will leave many memories behind with my undergrad.

No comments:

Post a Comment