Pages

Friday, December 29, 2017

End of 2017 Update

Hello all!
I hope everyone had a successful finals week and a wonderful Christmas! I also hope that break is going well for everyone. I know I am super happy to be on break but honestly, I'm also ready to get back to school! I am excited about the classes that I have this semester which makes waiting a little difficult but it will be here before we know it! Besides that, I am also having a wonderful break full of family, fun, scholarship applications, and relaxation and it can't get any better than that!

Since the last time I talked to you, I did accept an internship with Ceres Solutions as a crop health technician intern for this upcoming summer. I will be taking samples of fields and monitoring their health throughout the summer months (it entails a lot more, that's just the tip of the iceberg!). I am looking forward to building connections with other employees of Ceres to see their side of work as well. I did gain this internship through the huge career fair that the College of Ag puts on so I definitely would recommend checking that out! There are so many great opportunities and awesome internship and career opportunities that will take you places!

Second semester of my sophomore year is quickly approaching and the end of the year has me thinking about a lot. First of all, oh my how time flies! I got a flashback on FaceBook today that showed when I posted, two years ago to this day, that I had been accepted to Purdue. Honestly, Purdue was the only place that I applied because I knew it's where I belong so I was super happy to see that! I have also been looking back on everything that I have experience while being here. Making new friends, going to AFA Conferences and Institutes, volunteering for different things with my clubs (Hammer Down Hunger, serving at the Alumni Fish Fry, etc), making fun and exciting memories with the clubs I am involved in, and much more! And finally, I have been looking into the future. I have been thinking about scholarships, study abroads, conferences, grad school, and again, many other things! Despite what may happen, I know that everything happens for a reason and that it will all be okay! I am super excited about the future and what will happen and I am so thankful for everything that has happened so far!

I wish everyone luck who is waiting to hear back from universities and who is deciding on where to go and just want you to know that you should just go with your heart! To everyone that's at Purdue currently, have a great rest of your break (and a Happy New Year!) and a wonderful start to your spring 2018 semester! See you all soon!

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Boiler Up!
rober377@purdue.edu



No comments:

Post a Comment