Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Minors

Hey there everyone!!

I hope the semester is wrapping up, and everyone is getting ready for finals. Hopefully nobody is as unfortunate as me and is taking one Saturday at 3:30. If you are though good luck and I hope you eventually get home to a good 3 week Christmas break! I wanted to use my last blog of the semester to discuss picking up minors in college.

As a freshman, I didn't expect to pick up a minor, but here I am as a junior and I just recently picked up a double minor. One in Farm Management and the other in Food and Agribusiness Management. For most kids these days, there is a lot of college credits offered in high school, and as I do with my little brother I emphasize how important they can be. Coming in with more than a semester worth of credit, I didn't look at it as a chance to graduate early, but an opportunity to further my knowledge. A minor allows you to dive into and practice classes and areas of focus you do not specialize in and already taking a couple of my minor classes, I can truthfully say that it is satisfying to improve in other fields. It also is a great way to be more appealing to future employers. So please, if you have the opportunity to minor in something, do it and you wont regret it! I know most of scheduling is complete for next semester, but keep this in mind come next spring when we all are scheduling again.

Happy Holidays to all!

Karson Kamman 

No comments:

Post a Comment