Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

An update on an exciting time

Hey Folks!

It has been a very exciting semester so far! I am taking really interesting classes, I have a new job on campus and over winter break I was able to take an amazing trip through my summer internship!

This semester has been very interesting. I am taking classes unlike anything I have taken in the past, so the opportunities to learn new things have been abundant. I am in a hydrology class, where we discuss issues like soil erosion and ground water runoff. In my insect behavior class, we have learned all about how to manage pest insects while caring for our beneficial insects.

In my new position with University Residences, I am developing training material and working with new and returning employees to further train and develop our staff. I am excited to be able to have a leadership and management position within University Residences while being a student. This position will be invaluable as I progress in my professional career.

I also mentioned that over winter break I had the amazing opportunity to go to Hawaii as part of last summers internship with Beck's Hybrids. I was pollinating corn in their winter nursery. While pollinating corn in Hawaii was a unique enough experience, I also was able to spend my off time exploring the Island with both old and new friends. This experience was definitely one of the most unique parts of my college education, and couldn't have been possible without Purdue Agronomy!

Thanks!

Nick






No comments:

Post a Comment