Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Hello fellow Boiler Fans!! 

It’s a good day to be a boilermaker, after that win against Penn State!! 
This semester has been pretty busy for me so far! 
At the begging of February I helped with the Purdue Agriculture Alumni Fish Fry. I enjoyed this experience! I was a part of the “official coffee crew” for the day. We had a traveling cart to offer people coffee, and it’s amazing how much people’s face light up when you offer therm free coffee! It was a neat opportunity to get to help with the annual fish fry. I got the chance to visit with a few alumni, which was enjoyable.
From my past post, you might know I’m a member of the Purdue Horticulture Society. I am the special events coordinator this year. I organized or annual Valentine’s Day Rose sale that we had last week. Over all it went really well! We nearly sold out, starting with 800 roses!!! Thank you to all who supported our club! 
This past weekend was also very busy. Saturday started at 5:30 in the morning for me and my family. We left to head north, to Michigan for the day. I went snow skiing at Bittersweet Resort with the family. We had a great day! 
Sunday I joined my family for church and then we went to my grandmas for dinner. After dinner I left to come back to Purdue for the Purdue vs. Penn State game! What a game to watch! I’m looking forward to the last home game against Minnesota this weekend! My friends and I are planing to get there extra early to try to get really good seats. 
On Monday, Purdue held the admitted students visit. My brother came to visit. He visited informational sessions to start the day. And because he knows an Agronomy Ambassador (me) he got the privilege to meet Dr. Lee Schweitzer and attend one of his classes with me. He enjoyed visiting Purdue and is excited to attend her next year! 
There are now only 2 weeks left until spring break! I wish you all the best with any exams you have before then! 

As always, 

Boiler Up! Hammer Down!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment