Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Top Option Club


Hello Everyone,


We are the top option club!

This past week the Ag council hosted their annual Leadership conference with sponsor Land O’Lakes. The evening consisted of a meal, Land O’Lakes presentation on Managing your Boss, and a panel discussion. The Agronomy club had several representatives present and we were honored to win the top option club in the college of Ag for the past year. We earned the award by being involved in Ag council activities such as the farmer olympics, leadership retreat, and others. We also earned points for our involvement in community service activities throughout the year.

Agronomy Club Members at the Ag Council Leadership Conference


The Agronomy club has offered me a lot over my college career. As a junior, I am serving as the vice president and have had other leadership roles in the past. As a freshman, the agronomy club introduced me to a lot of new friends and gave me some great opportunities to grow as an individual. I have traveled to Arizona, Texas, and Florida to compete and learn about agriculture in other states during the national and regional SASES(students of agronomy, soils, and environmental sciences) meetings.


If I had to give new agronomy students advice I’d tell them to get involved with the agronomy club early on. It is a great opportunity to learn outside of class and enjoy good company in the department.


God Bless and Boiler Up! 

Andrew Chupp 

No comments:

Post a Comment