Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Time is Flying By

Hello Everyone!

As we approach the half-way point of the semester it is hard to know where the past six weeks have gone! As the last semester of my senior year winds down, it is certainly a bittersweet moment, but exciting as I plan on moving forward in my life.

One thing that is very comforting about a degree from Purdue’s Agronomy Department are the opportunities that come with it. Many students choose between either jumping right into a career or decide to get a masters and attend graduate school. I personally struggled with deciding on what to do because I have worked in a research lab for the past five semesters and enjoyed my time. However, after thinking it over for quite some time, I have decided to pursue a career in industry. This decision did not come easy, however thinking long term I believe that an MBA would suit my career aspirations better. This is something to think about when you are entering your freshman or sophomore year. What do I want to do after graduation? What is your dream job? Even if you do not know, explore your options. If you think that research is the direction that you would like to go, venture into research during your undergraduate time at Purdue. There are plenty of opportunities to work in a research lab and gain experience. It is certainly better to explore what you like and dislike before it is too late. Personally, I do not like sales. I had a sales-based internship and decided that it is not the field for me. It was better for me to figure this out while I was still an undergrad, rather than having to learn this the hard way in a job. 

Although many of you may be nervous about coming to college, it is an extremely rewarding feeling knowing that you have successfully moved onto a new chapter in your life.

If you have any questions regarding Purdue in any, please do not hesitate to ask!


Nicholas Fanning
njfannin@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment