Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

A Snowy Spring Break



Hello from Home!

Now that the rush of projects and exams are over, spring break is finally here! I thought I would just be home with my family and enjoy some down-time maybe playing basketball and grilling out. That was, until it started snowing this morning. I honestly was expecting at least some warmer weather that I could spend part of break outside, but one thing Purdue has taught me is to learn and adapt to the situation, especially Indiana weather! I suppose this gives me more time to get projects done ahead of time and plan out my next semester, while catching up on some Netflix.

This is also the time for new and prospective students to start accepting their college offers. Of course as a Purdue Boilermaker I encourage all those students to join our family here at Purdue Agronomy, but I also know there are many great schools out there to choose from and it can be overwhelming. To share a little bit about Purdue agronomy to calm some nerves of future students, I want to share part of my experience. Our department has very caring advisors and professors who truly believe in students' ability and tries to help them at every chance they can. You will never be a stranger in the department because there are plenty of clubs and organizations to join who will welcome you as their own in the first week. These clubs provide friendships, growth opportunities, trips, competitions, and advice to find your career in agronomy. The students and faculty throughout the department will help you find your passion by leading you to one of our many concentrations with many different topics but some including: business and marketing, crop and soil management, and international agronomy.

Image result for purdue Agronomy

As I sit here inside watching snow fall in the middle of March I can't help but think that although our plans don't always work out the way we want them to at that time, our story still turns out with a happy ending if we let it. Not everything at Purdue has gone as planned for me, but I have traveled down a path with something new with every turn and it has made me into a better person. I hope that all potential students out there realize how welcome they are to our department and that all of us are willing to help them find their way down the Purdue path whenever we can. Email me with any questions and I would be happy to help: dwestpha@purdue.edu

Best Wishes,
Dakota Westphal
Agronomic Business & Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment