Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2017

     It’s hard to believe that my last semester at Purdue is already a third of the way over! As I look back on my time here, I try to decide if there are things I wish I would have done differently. One big piece of advice that I have for incoming freshmen is to try to look ahead and have goals for yourself. They can be small goals like taking a course outside of your major, or they could be big goals like study abroad for an entire semester. I wish I would have known about study abroad sooner in my college career so that I could have planned a little better to fit it into my schedule. Events and opportunities such as that have early application and scholarship deadlines, as well as being offered only certain times of the year. A lot of the courses here at Purdue are only offered in the spring or only offered in the fall, so it’s important to know what courses you want to take and when. Goals can also make you feel a sense of accomplishment and pride! With deadlines all the time for projects, exams, and other events it is extremely important to have a source of planning and organization, otherwise you can become overwhelmed and stressed very quickly! However, it is also important to live in the moment and enjoy your time here at Purdue. Finding that balance is the key to success in your courses and personal life!


Sarah Letsinger  

No comments:

Post a Comment