Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Back at the 'Due

Good morning!

I am Deatra Gremaux, a current junior at Purdue University, majoring in Agronomy, with a concentration in Business and Marketing and minors in Food & Agribusiness Management and Weed Science. I am scheduled to graduate in the spring of 2018. Decatur, Indiana is where I call home, which is about 40 minutes south of Fort Wayne, IN. The past two summers I have interned for two different retail agricultural facilities close to home. I worked at Harvest Land Co-op two summers ago as a field technician, and this past summer I interned for Helena Chemical Company as an agronomic sales and marketing intern. Both internships were opportunities I gained from the Purdue's College of Ag Career Fair. I have been truly blessed to be able to work with growers I have known growing up in a small rural area, and also with new growers whom I have developed new relationships with. I have enjoyed both internships with the two different businesses and am looking forward to experiencing another internship next summer!

I grew up on a really small crops hobby farm, which is where my passion for agriculture developed. Being a student in the Agronomy Department at Purdue has really opened up my eyes to all of the innovative technologies that are constantly being implemented into our industry. Before I came to Purdue, I didn't have a lot of knowledge or experience with precision agriculture. However, I have learned a lot from my agronomy classes from wonderful professors, knowledge that I have been able to apply in the fields with my internships! I have attached a link to the Helena internship video that I am featured in, if anyone is interested in learning more about their program! :) Also featured below is a picture of me in an airplane at the Huntington Municipal Airport when my Helena branch was applying proprietary Helena foliar products to the fields!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b01cDFWKLtQ&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1



No comments:

Post a Comment