Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Summer Internship

As we've settled into the spring semester, I can't help but get more and more excited as the summer drawers near.  This summer, I will be working for Dow AgroSciences in Fowler, IN.  I will be working as a corn breeding intern, with a group of other interns, leading pollination groups and conducting field experiments.  What's really great about the Fowler location is that I'll be able to live on campus and still be close to all of the happenings at Purdue University during the summer!  Not only am I excited to work in the field and get more hands-on-work experience, I'm also very much looking forward to conducting my own project at the end of my internship term.


One of the things that I love most about the Dow AgroSciences company is their commitment to innovation through advanced agricultural technologies.  World hunger has always been an issue that is really close to my heart, and I am so excited to work for a company that's passionate about finding solutions.  Dow focuses a lot of their work on finding better ways to feed the world and improve life across the globe.



I am ever grateful for the opportunities the Purdue Agronomy department has given me.  With the huge College of Agriculture Career Fair, getting hands-on work experience on campus, and taking courses with world-renowned faculty, I know I would not be where I am today without Purdue Agronomy.  There has never been a better time to get into the agronomy field, with all its job opportunities and ways to make a difference in the world we live in!


No comments:

Post a Comment