Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Start of A New Semester

Hi everyone!

It's crazy to think that 2015 has passed and I'm into my 2nd semester as a junior here at Purdue! As I think back to 2015, I had a large amount of opportunity and I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things from 2015.

Agronomy Club members on
CHS Field in Minneapolis, MN
Travel! In 2015 I had the opportunity to travel to Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and live in Minnesota. One of the biggest challenges of 2015 was spending 3 months living in Minnesota! As an individual who doesn't travel much (I had only traveled out of Indiana for less than a week) this was a huge opportunity for myself to grow, meet new people and see other parts of the United States. While inMinnesota, although it's only 700 miles from my hometown in Indiana, there was a big culture change from my typical country life to living in the city. Some of my friends say I even picked up an accent while I was there! Although experiencing a new state was great, I have to say Indiana will always have my heart. This semester I am extremely excited to be traveling to Ireland and also Texas!

Penelope loved playing in
the Purdue fall leaves! 

My next favorite thing from my fall semester was getting a new pet! The hours spent in class and studying can get pretty stressful, so I decided to get something to relax and play with when I get home. After wanting one for nearly 3 years, I finally got a pet hedgehog! Her name is Penelope and she's had her visits to the Agronomy department and I even took her to class with me a time or two.

As this semester is kicking into full swing, I look forward to sharing my experiences of 2016. This year I am the Agronomy Club president, so I'm ready to see what this semester has in store for the club as we plan to travel to SASES meetings! I am also participating in a study abroad trip in Ireland and I'll be sure to update on the trip!

Until next time,
                                             Kerri Swingley

No comments:

Post a Comment