Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Summer Update

Hello Boilers!

Wow! Did that summer go fast.  It feels like just yesterday I was stressing about finals and here I am giving my internship presentation tomorrow and then back on my way to Purdue.  This past summer I have been working for Bayer CropScience with their sales team.  I have been all over Indiana this summer as the only sales intern assigned to the state.  The journey has been fun and sent me to nearly every corner of Indiana, as well as the North American Headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina.  The importance of internships is huge.  Not only for your career, but putting what you have learned in the classroom into action.  This summer I have had the opportunity to work with retailers, growers, research and development, marketing, and many more!

I will be graduating this December.  My past three years at Purdue have been action packed and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.  My one regret is my lack of involvement this past semester.  I am looking to become more involved with the department this semester.  Being involved is fun, giving back to the department who has given so much to me.  The agronomy department is a great department and I have had many opportunities with Agronomy Club and Agronomy Ambassadors that have shaped my career.  I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer and I wish you all the best of luck in the coming semesters!

No comments:

Post a Comment