Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Summer Experience



Hello everyone! 

My name is Hannah Padgett and I’m a junior. My major is Agronomy: Crop and Soil Sciences and I’m minoring in Agribusiness and Marketing. I’m a local from Lafayette, IN. This has allowed me to live at home and commute to campus every day. Within campus I’m the recording secretary for the Agronomy Club and involved in Alpha Zeta. I also teach religious education at my church. I recommend joining a club within you major and one to do for fun to allow you to meet new people. 

This summer I had an internship with Crop Production Services. I had the opportunity to learn about the sales process while learning about the products and going on a few sales calls. I got to go out and scout fields for tassel, disease, weeds, and stage of plant. I also got to do soil and tissue sampling. One day this summer I got the opportunity to help one of our farmers apply different nutrient trials to his corn which we later had to come back and take multiple tissue samples from.

Hannah Padgett
padgeth@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment