Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017

Summer Highlights





Hello Everyone,


My name is Andrew Chupp, I am a current Junior studying Agronomy with a concentration in Crop and Soils Management. I am excited for what this year holds and all the opportunities I will have as a Purdue Boilermaker. It is always exciting at the beginning of a new semester to see all the new faces on campus and catch up with the friendships that I have made here at Purdue. I really enjoy the fall weather and soon enough the dust will be flying and harvest will be here.

Looking out atop Castle Point on New Zealand's beautiful north island
Last semester, I had the opportunity to study abroad at Massey University in New Zealand. I had an incredible time learning about life in another country and agriculture during my time there. I made it home from New Zealand in June and then returned Beck’s Hybrids for the remainder of the summer. I Interned in the research department last year and was able to return for part of my summer this year. I worked primarily in corn breeding throughout the greenhouses and pollinating in the breeding nursery. The experiences and knowledge I gained at Beck’s have and will be beneficial in my studies here at Purdue and in deciding what direction I want to go in my future career.


Sunset over Beck's Atlanta, IN facility 



Have a great Fall! 

Andrew Chupp 
chupp1@purdue.edu



No comments:

Post a Comment