Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Welcome Back!

Hello all! Welcome back to Purdue!

My name is Sarah Voglewede, and I am currently a junior double majoring in Agronomy: Business and Marketing and Agribusiness: Agricultural Marketing. I am a nontraditional ag student from Pittsboro, IN, which is a a small town outside of Indianapolis.

I am so excited to be back on campus this semester! There have been lots of new changes over the summer; especially with State Street and the new buildings on campus. There are also a few new things with me! I have started a TA position for the AGEC 331 sales class on campus. I'm looking forward to working with my peers and helping teach business to business sales. I am also excited to be a part of the new Gold Coat Ambassadors at the Purdue Welcome Center! I love giving tours to graduate students, middle schoolers, and university guests. In a few weeks I have been given the opportunity to give a golf-cart tour to members of Purdue's newly acquired Kaplan University. Whether you are a new or returning student, getting involved with activities both inside and outside of your major is a great way to make friends and have a lot of fun!

As for what I did over the summer, I decided to go into a sales associate role in retail. I learned a whole new set of skills and trained myself to become a manager of the store. I reported directly to the district manager and trained associates. It was an amazing experience that taught me a lot about talent acquisition and customer service. For any of you planning on going into a sales role, I would suggest working in retail for even just a little bit. You learn valuable sales skills and play a large role in customer service and brand loyalty.

While I did work a lot this summer, I was able to sneak away on a mini vacation up to Traverse City, MI. It was so beautiful! I cannot wait to go back. I had the opportunity to climb some sand dunes and sit on the beach for a few days. I was up there at the height of cherry picking season, so it was a special treat to visit the farms and harvest some cherries. It's always great to discover different farming systems when you travel!

ImageImage

I look forward to meeting you all this upcoming year! Feel free to stop me around campus if you have any questions. Have a great start to your semester!

Sarah Voglewede
svoglewe@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment