Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

My name is Kelsey Tuholski, and I am currently a senior in Crop Science.  I come from a 6000 acre grain farm in La Porte, IN, where we grow everything from seed corn, soybeans, and wheat to popcorn and mint.  I have been working on the farm alongside my family since I was old enough to handle a shovel, so I suppose you could say that pursuing an agricultural major was something of a no-brainer to me.  Once I arrived at Purdue, I took advantage of the countless extracurriculars that the university has to offer.  I joined the American Music Repertory Ensemble, one of Purdue's four jazz ensembles, where I played principal bass trombone.  I became the first ever woman to play on the Purdue men's lacrosse team.  I also became involved with the Agronomy Club, which allows students in agronomy to connect with their peers, department faculty, and industry professionals.  More recently, I became involved with Agronomy Ambassadors, which allows me to connect with prospective students and other visitors to show them the great opportunities available within Purdue's agronomy department.  I am grateful for all that Purdue has given me, and I look forward to graduating this May and representing my alma mater as a professional in the agriculture industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment