Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Meet an Agronomy Ambassador

Hello all! Welcome to the Ambassadors blog page. My name is Claudia Benitez and I am a junior in Natural Resources and Environmental Science all the way from Dallas, Tx. Coming to Purdue freshman year was my first time in the Midwest and it has been quite an adventure (a cold one I might add). Coming from a big city, I never pictured imagined I would find myself within the college of Ag but three years later I could not be more certain that I picked the right place and I have learned so much. In addition to serving as an Agronomy/NRES Ambassador, I also participate in a couple of honor societies such as the National Society for Leadership and Success and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS). I am an officer in NSCS and help plan an annual March to College Day for local middle schoolers to have the opportunity to come to Purdue and get excited about higher education. I love being able to get younger kids excited about learning and therefore I also tutor middle school students once a week at Klondike Middle School. I live with 80 other girls in my sorority house, Delta Gamma, and cannot believe my time with them and here at Purdue is nearly coming to an end. Being involved in lots of different activities has truly enriched my Purdue experience and has made an incredibly large campus feel like a tight-knit community.

No comments:

Post a Comment