Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Carl Joern's Introduction

Hi there!


Thanks for visiting the Purdue Agronomy Ambassador Blog.  My name is Carl Joern.   I am a junior studying Soil and Crop Management.  I joined the Agronomy Department as a student from a non-farming background.  In the future I hope to attend graduate school and become an agronomist for a large agricultural corporation.  I’m guessing that you might be visiting this page to learn a little more about Purdue University, what the Department of Agronomy has to offer, or maybe just to take a break from studying.

I came to the Agronomy Department because I was interested in sustainability and world hunger.  The department has given me so many opportunities that I never anticipated.  There are several clubs in the department that offer students an opportunity to learn outside the classroom, network with their professors, do service work, but more importantly just to relax and have fun.  Some of the organizations I am involved with at Purdue are Agronomy Club, Soil and Water Conservation Society, Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity, Gimlet Leadership Honorary, and Agronomy Ambassadors.  The department also offers students the opportunity to work in world-class research labs.  Whether you are interested in research to help feed the world or would just like a job with flexible hours to help pay the bills, the opportunity is there.  Let’s not forget why you’re going to college in the first place, to get a job.  The College of Agriculture has over 90% job placement.  Well I think that’s a pretty good start about myself and our Agronomy Department here at Purdue.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me by e-mail (cjoern@purdue.edu).  Thanks for stopping by!


Carl…

No comments:

Post a Comment