Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Welcome back



     Hello, and welcome back all returning students and welcome new students. I am Kyle Fogle a senior in agronomic business and marketing. This summer really went by fast and I hope everyone accomplished there goals that they had this summer with there internships or other adventures they participated in. My summer included an internship with Premier Ag and I also worked for a local row crop and livestock farm. My summer at Premier Ag mainly consisted of crop scouting and sampling. I worked as an extension to the sales man so they could get across more acres and I handled most of the tissue sampling. Another opportunity is I ran a dry spread on some hay ground. Now for the row crop farm I planted all 800 acres of soybeans, and I scouted there fields for stand population, spraying, and fungicide. I also helped them with the care of the 120 cow herd which included pasture and cow maintenance along with the production of dry hay. Now when I wasn't working this summer I enjoyed going to tractor pulls around the state along with county fair and state fair. I am glad to be back for the last year I have and I wish everyone the best of luck whether they are deciding to come to Purdue, in there first week of class, or finishing like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment