Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

Hello Students!!


Welcome back returning students and hello to all the new friendly faces! With syllabus week off to the races, the school year has officially begun. Its crazy to think that this is my last fall semester here at Purdue, I dreaded coming to school this week because I knew that as soon as I started it, it would be over in a blink of an eye. The last three years here have treated me well and I can’t wait to see what year four has in store for me.

This past summer I had an incredible internship with Ag Ingenuity Partners as a research intern in Huntington, IN. I received and excepted this offer back in November of last year the Ag Career Fair held by the College of Agriculture. The company provided me with room and board all summer along with 11 weeks of paid learning. Over the summer I gain experience in GIS, plant pathology, entomology, weed science, data collection, and fertigation. I spent the summer collecting data by collecting plant samples along with soil samples to analyze for nutrients and weights. I was also asked to write two protocols for processing corn and soybean plants at different growth stages. This internship allowed me to expand my network and meet new Purdue students as well. It is the perfect position if you are looking for both field and lab work. With that being said you should check them out at the career fair this October!!

Make sure to be updating your resumes and getting them checked by faculty members of the CCO located in Young hall! The fall career fairs will be here before you know it!

Best,


Julia Fibbe

No comments:

Post a Comment