Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

Good to be back!!!


Hey there everyone, I hope everybody enjoyed there short summer and is eager to get back to school. My name is Karson Kamman, I am a Senior this year in Agronomic Business and Marketing. This summer I was able to work from my home area for Advanced Agrilytics, taking care of a handful of growers that I personally knew prior to this experience. So you can say that I had a unique summer. A large part of my responsibility was physically being in the field, gathering attributes and field conditions as the summer went along, aka scouting haha, but I was also given the opportunity to work with these growers directly. One of my growers raised non-gmo corn, so for the summer I put out pheromone that I checked back on occasionally, trying to track specific moth flight patterns and when they were going to be infesting his corn. I also worked with two farmers that were both doing micro/macro nutrient applications throughout the summer, one through a pivot irrigation system and the other by a drip tape method. I was able to do quite a bit of nutrient analysis and recommendations as the growing season progressed and was able to gain a better understanding of various nutrient needs at different crop growth stages. Overall I had an amazing summer, and am excited to see what opportunities I will be presented with within the next year. But as for the time being I am looking forward to enjoying my summer year academically and socially.

Enjoy your semesters, have fun and keep up on the school work.

Thanks,

Karson Kamman

No comments:

Post a Comment