Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Welcome Back!

Hello Everyone!

I hope y'all had a wonderful summer and a ready to be back on campus! I am excited to be back, but I also did not want the year to start because I'm a senior now and its going to go quick. I cannot believe that I started at Purdue over three years ago. It has been an amazing journey so far and I'm excited for what this year will bring.

My name is Sarah Voglewede and I am a senior in Agronomy and Agribusiness Marketing. I am also working toward my certificates in Entrepreneurship & Innovation, the Dean's Scholars Honor's Program, and the LDCP. Some of y'all might meet me through either the Dean's Scholars Freshman Seminar, the Agronomy Club, or through AGEC 331. If you have any questions about the COA or Purdue in general, please ask! I've been on campus for a while and I am here to help!

This summer I had the opportunity to move out to Columbia, Missouri and work for BASF as a sales associate for the NE Missouri and South Central Iowa areas. I had a great experience traveling around and calling on retail locations to drive fungicide and insecticide usage. I was also able to conduct behavioral based surveying with retailers about their purchasing decisions and chemical choices. I spent most of my time driving to talk to retailers and in soybean field looking at crops. A few of the days I had the opportunity to help spray some fields!
Riding in the sprayer!
Soybean fields in Missouri



For everyone who is new on campus, welcome! I hope that you use your time here at Purdue in the best way possible. Don't be afraid to ask questions or get involved across campus. There are so many things to become involved in and a great way to start in the COA is to go to the Ice Cream Social this Wednesday August 29th. I would love to see you there!

Sarah Voglewede
svoglewe@purdue.edu



No comments:

Post a Comment