Pages

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Semester Update

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone is staying warm this week as we officially see the warm weather fade away. The semester has flown by and we are already on week 11! There are a lot of exciting things happening this fall for me. The main thing being that I am wrapping up my role as an Agronomy club officer, this past year I had the opportunity to be the historian for the club. This role allowed me to stay active within the club and help document all of the fun things we do. Agronomy club meets every Wednesday night where we eat a meal together and then have an event. 
Game night 

Our events consist of speakers from the industry, game nights, field trips/tours along with work sessions. As a group we do work sessions to raise money for our club, we make munsell charts, plant mounts and seed kits for local high schools. I have attached below some photos that I have taken this year at some of our events.

Speaker from Beck's
Getting involved with the Agronomy club was one of the best things I have done here at Purdue. This club allows you to get to know your peers along with learning more about Agronomy outside of the class room. We also have advisors that are are both professors and grad students in the department that you get to know and learn from.

Work session
As always feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have!

Take care,
Julia

Jfibbe@purdue.edu













No comments:

Post a Comment