Pages

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Mid-Semester Update and Some Words of Wisdom!

I don't know about everyone else but I cannot believe that it is almost November already! I have just finished up some exams for this time of the semester but finals week will also be here before we know it! I also can't believe that it's about that time to be registering for next semester's classes. I hope that everyone is able to get into the classes that they want to take!

This semester has been quite busy it seems like. I attended the career fair at the beginning of October and was able to gather an interview from a company and I should be hearing from them soon. I definitely recommend checking out the College of Ag career fair because there are so many great opportunities that can come from it! I know I mentioned this in my introduction blog but I will share it again! I was able to land an internship with Co-Alliance as a field scout the summer after my freshman year (just this last summer) and I am so grateful that I was given that opportunity! Other than the career fair, I have still been involved in Agronomy Club, Agronomy Ambassadors, Collegiate Farm Bureau, and Best Buddies. I was able to work the Agronomy booth (along with other Agronomy Ambassadors) at the College of Ag open house during homecoming and that was a blast! I am also currently working on picking out another study abroad trip to go on and am working to get a research position on campus so as I always say, the opportunities are ENDLESS here!

College tours have also been making their way around campus and I can't help but think back to when I was in that position. I remember thinking "wow, I came from such a small school and this place is HUGE!" and countless other things like that. I had the idea that I wanted to major in Agronomy and when I was on the tour through the agronomy department I just knew that this is where I was supposed to be. Everyone in the agronomy department, whether that be professor, TA, graduate student, or even your own peers are willing to help every step of the way. I loved how close-knit everyone is and that just secured my decision. I am now a sophomore in Agronomy: Crop and Soil Management and couldn't be happier. Being in this department and at Purdue has helped me make very valuable connections and experience many exciting and rewarding events, activities, and opportunities. So, to everyone who may be reading this and has gone on a tour and/or is thinking about attending Purdue (and more specifically being an Agronomy major): the campus is definitely not as big as you might think and you might travel the world, you might experience things that you may never get to experience anywhere else, and you will definitely always be part of this close-knit family!

Again, if you ever have any questions that I may be able to answer feel free to contact me:
rober377@purdue.edu
Boiler Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment