Pages

Monday, November 6, 2017

Hey there everyone!

Can you believe that we are already in week 12 of the semester? I sure can't! I hope everyone’s semesters are going well! Mine has been going alright, very busy!

Around mid- September one of the main events that happened to me and my family is that my dad got married! My bother Andrew and I gained a step mom, Jill, along with two step siblings, Justin and Alyson. I also gained another dog, named Wren. The wedding was very small, but special. Below is me and the new additions to our family.



October was also a busy month for me. I attended the College of Agriculture Career fair to search for a potential summer internship. I had a phone interview with a company and am still waiting to hear back from them. I am looking forward to finding out what my summer plans will end up being! Also in on October, 8th I had a birthday, marking my 2 decades in this world! I can’t believe that I am 20! I had a great fall break/birthday weekend spent with family and friends.

As many of you know, I am a member of the Purdue Horticulture Club. This last month we took our fall trip to Chicago. We visited the Chicago Botanic Garden and Garfield Park Conservatory. We had a great trip and got to see some neat plants that you defiantly don’t see on a daily basis.  On our way home we also stopped at Fair Oaks Farm at their new restaurant, Farmhouse. I recommend visiting all of these neat places if you get the chance! Pictured below is a neat bridge at the Chicago Botanic Garden.

I just recently I signed my first apartment lease! I am excited to live with and build my friendship with the wonderful friends I have meet here at Purdue. We will be living in the apartments right across from the horticulture building. I like the dorm life, but couldn’t be more excited to live in an apartment starting my junior year!

As we all look forward to Thanksgiving break, I hope everyone enjoys the last weeks of the semester! I wish you all the best of luck! Keep cheering on the Boilers! Basketball season is up next!!

Go Boilers!

Ashley Thurman

athurma@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment