Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Update



Hey all!

I'm Hannah Padgett. I'm a junior in Agronomy: Crop and Soil Management.

       One thing I would recommend is taking classes outside of your major/comfort zone. Right now, I'm taking SOC 220 which is over social problems. A couple of nights ago I watched a documentary on poverty. I got to see how three young children lived their life’s will living in poverty. It was interesting to see how the young children live their life’s and seeing how the parents are handling these situations. Each of the three stories where unique and it was interesting to see the variation among the families within their geographical area. In this class I have also learned about superstitions, social problems, different sociological perspectives, war, political spectrum, terrorism, and racial disparities. These things are throughout our life, but I never put much thought behind why we do it.

       Also, every Wednesday I go to Agronomy Club meeting. A couple of weeks ago we had the Hog Roast which was a get together for the college of agriculture. Though our typical meetings consist of dinner then a speaker, work session, trips, or other fun activities. Being the recording secretary, I send out weekly emails to remind the members what is going on and what we have planned for the meeting for that week.

Boiler up!

Hannah Padgett
padgeth@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment