Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New Ambassador Introduction

Hello everybody!


My name is Kathryn Graf and I have been recently selected as an Agronomy Ambassador.  Currently, I am a sophomore majoring in Sustainable Agronomic Systems Business and Marketing. Growing up on a family grain farm in Momence, Illinois led me to major in agriculture and further develop my interest and passion for it. Once my four years are up, I plan to attend graduate school and earn my Masters degree within the agronomy field as well. When finished with school, my goal is to work for an agronomic company as a field agronomist in hopes of improving crop quality and raising yields to help feed the ever growing world population.

Along with being an Agronomy Ambassador, I am also a member of the Purdue Women's Track and Field Team and the Soil and Water Conservation Society. I also am in the Leadership Development Certificate Program.  Through these extracurricular activities and the classes I have taken, I have learned and grown as a person so much over the past two years and am excited to see where the next two take me.

The past summer I was blessed to live at home and work for AgReliant as a Seed Corn Production intern. With this position, my main duties were scouting fields and inspect the fields to ensure quality pollination between male and female corn. This internship allowed me to see a side of agriculture that growing up on a typical grain farm never allowed me to experience. This coming up summer will be a huge learning experience for me as well. I will be interning with Helena working on the sales side of the agriculture field down in central Illinois.


I will keep you posted on how this summer’s internship goes and am super excited to take on my duties as an Agronomy Ambassador!  

No comments:

Post a Comment