Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Scheduling Classes

Hey there everyone,

Hope the semester is coming along great and everybody is ready for spring break. I wanted to take this opportunity to talk about the new and improved method of scheduling classes. Last semester it was implemented that Jane took over as everyone's professional adviser, meaning she has the last call on discussing what we are taking to fit our myPurdue plan, but the excellent opportunity has been put into place for each student to also have a faculty mentor. This is a required meeting, but it gives us the opportunity to speak with a faculty mentor that you previously may not have know and get there opinion and take on classes and direction of study for your upcoming semester. These mentors brings a new perspective on your interest and classes that could help achieve those areas. For example, I was talking with my faculty mentor about the internship I was going to have this upcoming summer and some of the different stuff I was going to be doing, and he brought up a couple classes that would help me improve my skills on understanding mapping and data layers throughout fields. By getting that advise, I will be able to fit those classes that are of interest to me into my schedule next semester and hopefully better myself in an area that may possibly lead to a future job. So, I just wanted to stress how being prepared and taking advantage of your faculty mentor, can lead to great discussions with Jane when it comes to some classes that you personally have interest in and getting them implemented into your semester plan. Hope everyone has a wonderful spring break and a great second part of the semester!

Thanks,
Karson Kamman

No comments:

Post a Comment