Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Happy Midterm Season!

Hello Everyone!

I hope the spring semester is treating you all well! First off, congrats to all of the newly admitted Purdue students for next year! As a student ambassador for the Agronomy Department, I was able to call a few of you to see if you have any questions about attending or anything we can help you with. It was exciting to talk to you all and see what you were planning on doing during your college experience. I know a lot of you are waiting on financial aid to come through, and I know how agonizing that wait can be! I will say that the College of Agriculture gives out more scholarship money then the other bigger colleges on campus. We also have a lot of opportunities here for students who want to work in the department when they are not in class.

For the rest of us on campus, this week is very exam heavy, because next week is Spring Break! I am really excited because I will be going on a study abroad trip to Costa Rica with the Associate Dean of Agriculture along with other university staff and over 20 students. We are going to be visiting rural farms and ecotourism destinations while learning about the rich biodiversity of the Costa Rican ecosystem and agriculture. Plus, I get a change to practice my Spanish! Stay tuned for pictures from my trip!

Best of luck to everyone who is deciding on colleges and making those big life decisions. We hope you join us at Purdue. As always, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the university or student life! Boiler Up and Hammer Down!

Sarah Voglewede
svoglewe@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment