Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2017

MACA Conference 2017



Hello everyone,


Last week, I had the opportunity to represent Purdue at the annual Mid America CropLife (MACA) conference in Kansas City, MO. I applied for the young leader scholarship last semester and was chosen in the spring to be apart of the program. The program provides an opportunity to have an all expenses paid trip to the annual conference along with a scholarship to assist with college expenses.

Young Leader Scholarship Recipients
I arrived in Kansas City and took part in a professional development session with industry hosts. We learned how to present ourselves in an interview and how important it is to share our story. During the remainder of the conference, I had the opportunity to do a lot of networking with representatives from all of the major crop protection companies, such as Monsanto, Dow Dupont, Syngenta, and many more. It was refreshing to see companies that compete with each other come together in collaboration on developing new safety standards, advocation, and industry updates. The abundance of kindness from everyone made me appreciate MACA and what they do for the industry at a new level.

My Industry hosts and I
As I return to Purdue, I am thankful for all the opportunities that the college of agriculture has to offer its students. In the Agronomy department, we are blessed with great faculty and staff that invest in us and help us accomplish our dreams through the many opportunities that Purdue offers.


Boiler Up!


Andrew Chupp



If you have questions feel free to contact me
Email: chupp1@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment