Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Spring Break in Italy!

Spring Break in Italy


            I am so blessed to have been able to spend an ENTIRE week in Italy! A fellow Agronomy Ambassador, Shelby Sigman and I spent our time exploring Parma, Florence, and Rome. We visited a vineyard that produces balsamic vinegar, and also a creamery where they produce parmigiano reggiano. We saw the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, David and many more beautiful sites. My absolute FAVORITE thing that I saw was the Trevi Fountain. The legend has it that the fountain was originally made for horses to get a drink. Then the story evolved that before the Roman soldiers would go to war, they would go to the fountain and pray to the gods that they would return safely to Rome after war. Then they would throw a coin over their shoulder into the fountain …. Luck is blind. Now the locals say that if you throw a coin in over your shoulder, you will one day return back to Rome. Here are some of my favorite pictures from my journey!
~ Madison Boston 
boston0@purdue.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment