Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Veronica Yager - New NRES/Agronomy Ambassador

Hello All!

 I am very excited and honored to announce that I will be one of the new NRES/Agronomy Ambassadors at Purdue University. I am currently a freshmen majoring in Natural Resources and Environmental Science (NRES). During the my first year at Purdue I had the opportunity to be a part the the Environmental Science Learning Community, volunteer in De-Trash the Wabash and Wabash Sampling Blitz, and take part in an environmental science, animal science, and sustainability study abroad trip to Costa Rica over spring break. I am also involved in riding and showing on Purdue's Equestrian team, playing intramural sports, and I just recently got asked to live in on of Purdue's cooperative houses, Ann Tweedale.

 Choosing to come to Purdue University has been one of the best decisions that I have made. At Purdue students have the opportunity to receive a respected degree and network with individuals from all over the world. After attending a Forestry and Natural Resources Career Fair this spring, I was able to network with a lady for the Department of Natural Resources and obtain a seasonal position as a Seasonal Naturalist at Versailles State Park in Southeastern Indiana for the summer. This is very convenient because I am form a small town in Southeastern Indiana close to Greensburg. This is just one example of the many opportunities that I have gotten from choosing to further my education at Purdue University.

 I am really excited to be an NRES/Agronomy Ambassador and I cannot wait to help other students chose Purdue University in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment