Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014


Hi everyone! My name is Jamie Hans and I am a sophomore studying Plant Genetics, Breeding, and Biotechnology. I have been an Agronomy Ambassador since March of 2013 and love getting the opportunities to network with others about what agronomy is and what we do. I am from the Fishers/Noblesville area here in Indiana, so I do not come from a farming or agriculture background. I was a four year FFA member and a ten year 4-H member. Those two clubs are what really got me involved in agriculture and made me want to pursue a career in it. Since coming to Purdue, I have gotten really involved in the Agronomy Club, where I am also an officer. This past summer (2013) I interned for one of the agronomy professors, Eileen Kladivko, and really enjoyed learning more about soil and cover crops from more of a farming perspective, which I had not had before. This coming summer (2014) I am looking forward to my internship with Pioneer in Maize Product Development. If you have any questions that you would like to ask me, my email is hansj@purdue.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment