Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Hello all! Hope everyone is enjoying their day.  My name is Brock Miller and I am a senior in Turf Science and Management.  I am a non-traditional turf student in that I come from a grain farm in Central Illinois, which led me to agronomy, but my passion for the game of golf made the turf program a perfect fit.  I took on the role as an agronomy ambassador in the spring of 2013. This has given me a great since of pride being able to give back to a program that ultimately swayed my decision to attend Purdue University.  I have also been President of Turf Club for the past three years as well as a participant on the Collegiate Quiz Turf Bowl teams.  Last summer I was selected for an internship with the USGA Green Section where I traveled to numerous golf courses shadowing the head agronomist for the USGA while he made suggestions to superintends on how to improve their playing conditions.  This summer I will be staying on campus doing research at the Daniels Turf Center.  Following early graduation I hope to attend graduate school and become an agronomist myself or take on a sales position.  That’s a little bit about myself if you have any questions feel free to email me at mille926@purdue.edu.  I’m looking forward to more posts in the future and warmer weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment