Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Forgiveness

As graduation approaches in two weeks, I am reminded the wonderful opportunities I have been able to be a part of at Purdue: Sigma Alpha Professional Agricultural Sorority, Agronomy Ambassadors, Agronomy Club, different ministries at the church I attend on campus, and even the Women in Agribusiness and Plant Sciences Learning Community I was involved with a first semester freshman at Purdue-almost four years ago! One could say those organizations defined who I was as an undergraduate, but to me it has been the people I have met along my journey at Purdue who have defined me. 

One piece of advice for incoming freshman, current students, and even those just reading this blog to get to know the Purdue Agronomy Ambassadors, is to always say yes to adventure! One of my dearest friends I made in the dorms my freshman year, has continued to be my friend throughout the past four years, and my Purdue experience wouldn't have been the same without her. So last Tuesday, when she asked me if I wanted to attend Eva Kor's speech on campus as a part of the Richard A Hadley series, I said yes to adventure, and this is what I learned:

Meet Eva Mozes Kor. An 84 year old Holocaust survivor of the Auschwitz concentration camp, married to a Purdue alumni & raised Boilermaker children. It was such a rejuvenating and historically profound moment last night to have met a woman so full of strength, wisdom, & forgiveness. Thank you for reminding us that: 1. Growing up is hard. Never give up on your dreams. Keep hammering away. ðŸ”¨ 2. Think of one thing you can do to make the world better, each day you wake up. Put your mind into a positive state. ðŸŒŽ 3. Forgive your worst enemies to set yourself free. As long as you are angry, you are still a victim. Forgiveness is the best form of revenge. Forgiveness is a seed for peace.  Eva forgave the Nazi Germans. She chose peace & happiness. So this morning when I woke up I decided to follow suit, by forgiving. What will you chose? 


Image may contain: 2 people, including Deatra Gremaux, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

Thank you Purdue for all of the people that you have brought into my life the past four years. For that, I am Ever Grateful, Ever True.

-Deatra Gremaux

No comments:

Post a Comment