Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Is it Spring Yet?


            Well happy spring everyone, or I think that’s what this is supposed to be. Hopefully soon it will start feeling like spring anyways! I’m sure ready for warm weather, that’s for sure!

            I hope everyone had a nice spring break! Over my spring break I actually worked all week, but it was for the company I am interning with this summer, so that made it a little more exciting. That company being Tech Services Inc. (TSI). TSI is located in Bluffton, Indiana, which is near where I am from. Tech services is an independent testing network, providing contract research yield trial testing.  In other words, they have field plots among 25 states to do many different kinds of testing. This time of the year, the company is busy packaging seed that will be used to plant the test plots, which is what I helped with over spring break. I look forward to my internship this summer because I will be traveling across the corn belt to scout field plots. I think it will be a neat experience because for one we get to travel, and two, I will be observing research that has the possibility of becoming major advances in the agricultural world. Another neat thing about working for TSI, is that I am taking after my mom, who worked with the company for nearly 20 years.

            Last week I hope that you took advantage of Purdue Ag week and Spring Fest! Ag Week is one of my favorite weeks on campus. The week is geared towards promoting and celebrating agriculture on Purdue’s campus. Tuesday I helped with what is called Hammer Down Hunger. It is an event to help package 70,000 meals that we sent to Haiti. Wednesday I got a free breakfast sandwich from The Purdue Agribusiness club. Thursday was Burger Bash, so I got a free bacon cheese burger. They also give out Ag Week T-shirts as well! The weekend to follow Ag Week is Spring Fest. It is a weekend to also promote and celebrate agriculture, but it invites the community to campus to get involved. Saturday, I helped with The Purdue Horticulture Society Plant Sale and Sunday, I ran the “plant wall” with the Agronomy Ambassadors. Over all it was a fun filled week/weekend.

As the school year comes to an end, I wish everyone the best of luck with final exams!!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at athurma@purdue.edu

Hail Purdue and Boiler Up!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment