Pages

Monday, October 2, 2017

Welcome Back!

Hello All!

My name is Nicholas Fanning, and I am currently a senior studying Agronomic Business and Marketing with a minor in Food and Agribusiness Management. I am originally from a small town outside of Fort Wayne called Huntertown, however my family now resides in Fishers, Indiana.

As this semester picks up steam and the weather starts to change I cannot help to think back the opportunity I had this summer working with AgReliant Genetics out of Lebanon, Indiana. AgReliant Genetics is the third largest seed corn company in the United States and have recently ventured into the soybean genetic market. My internship primarily consisted of working with their conversion nursery. The job of the conversion team was to make sure that GMO traits were properly getting into non-GMO corn, and that the appropriate proteins were present. What I love about internships is the fact that it is one giant learning experience. AgReliant Genetics was extremely helpful in teaching me why certain practices are done, explaining in simple terms some of the genetic processes, and allowing my experience to be multi-dimensional.

This semester I am again working for Dr. Shaun Casteel in Applied Soybean Production Research. My job primarily consists of helping graduate students process and analyze data, both in the field and in the lab. This experience has been extremely helpful in allowing me to understand the research side of production agriculture and has been a huge resume booster. I would highly recommend undergraduate research if you are given the opportunity.

I hope to see many of in the upcoming year and hope you fall in love with Purdue Agronomy like I have!


Boiler UP!!
Nicholas Fanning                  

No comments:

Post a Comment