Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Summer!

Hello everyone!

My name is Sarah Voglewede, and I am one of the new Agronomy Ambassadors this year! I am so excited to be given this opportunity to become more involved in the Department of Agronomy as well as the College of Agriculture! I am a sophomore majoring in Agronomy with a concentration in Agronomic Business and Marketing, as well as a minor in Food and Agribusiness Management. I plan to graduate in the spring of 2019 and then go on to graduate school. In addition to being involved as an Agronomy Ambassador I am part of the Leadership Development Certificate Program, the Dean's Scholars Certificate Program, an officer in Agronomy Club, and a Student Ambassador at the Purdue Welcome Center. Purdue was a great choice for me, and even though I don't have an agricultural background I feel so welcomed. I am originally from the Lafayette area, but I lived in Calgary, Canada from 8th grade through 10th grade. My family now lives in Pittsboro, Indiana which is a small town outside of Indianapolis. This summer I have the wonderful opportunity to work with Co-Alliance as a crop scout in the Region 1 area. I am excited to be able to use the agronomic knowledge from the classroom and apply it out in the field. I am so eager to get to know averyone through my position as ambassador these next few years! If anyone has questions about agronomy or even the College of Agriculture, especially if you have any concerns about not being from an agriculture background, feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment