Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Final Moments at Purdue University

Hello All,

As my academic tenure comes to a conclusion in the next four weeks here at Purdue University, I look back on my last semester and the past four and a half years at such a highly respected institution.  I cannot praise enough how much I have enjoyed my last four and half years as a student at Purdue. The opportunities, and experiences that Purdue University and the Department of Agronomy has created for me are endless, and I cannot thank the faculty, staff, mentors, and any others that have helped me get to where I am in my life today. When I look back at my internships with the Purdue University Intercollegiate Athletics Sports Turf Crew, Major League Soccer team Real Salt Lake, Major League Baseball team San Francisco Giants, and my overseas experience in Ireland with The Naas Racecourse, and The Curragh Racecourse, I just think about all the lasting relationships I have made with so many great people.  I will never regret choosing this place I have called home for the past four and a half years.  Out of all the universities that I was accepted to, I am proud to forever call myself a Boilermaker.  The College of Agriculture ranks sixth globally, and one of the highest in the nation year after year, which makes it a perfect environment for those who have high standards, and high career aspirations. I myself am a senior in Turf Science & Management and am currently looking to pursue a career in the professional sports turf industry. I am excited to make the next step in my young professional career and hope to stay as enthusiastic and passionate as I am now till the day I retire. I am looking forward walking across the stage to receive my B.S. in Agronomy in December, and wish the best of luck to future Boilermakers. Boiler Up! Ever grateful, ever true! 
(Pat Webb, Head Groundsman of The Curragh Racecourse and I at the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby)

(Visiting with Head Groundsman of Croke Park, Stuart Wilson)

(Visiting with Head Groundsman of Aviva Stadium, Majella Smyth)

(Touring the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, Ireland)

Andrew J. Wilhelm

No comments:

Post a Comment