Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Summertime!!

Hello, my name is Abigail Clark and this is my last year here at Purdue. I am from Frankfort, IN so Purdue isn't too far from home. I am one of four children from my lovely parents and we all will be Purdue Alums by this time next year! This coming spring I will be graduating with a Bachelors of Science in Agronomy with a concentration in crop and soil management. My past two summers I have had an internship with Windy Lane Farms as their New Technology Intern. Through that experience I have worked with UAVs, 360 Yield Soil Scan, Y-drops, farming software, and crop diagnostics programs. The internship allowed me take classroom material and apply it to the real world. This summer I was able to train a new employee on a few pieces of technology and equipment. Along with that I have been working part time for Halderman Farm Management. In just a short week I will be off to Ireland with a study abroad group from Purdue where we will be learning about the Equine Industry. I am very excited to travel with Purdue to expand my knowledge on the equine industry abroad. In my spare time this summer I have enjoyed camping with my family, fishing, and spending time with my 6 month old niece. I look forward to this coming semester at Purdue. Boiler Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment