Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

First Blog Introduction

Hey everyone,

My name is Karson Kamman. I am a junior studying Agronomy with a concentration in business and marketing. I am from southeast Indiana, Bartholomew county, where I grew up on traditional Indiana corn/soybean family farm. I am the third kid in my family to come to Purdue University and the second to majoring in Agronomy. Because of my love for the farm and the interest to continue my career around it, I believed that agronomy would be a good major to learn applicable skills to help myself become a better farmer. I chose the  concentration in business and marketing, because I know that farming is not just, crops and soil, but a great deal has to do  with marketing and managing the operation as well. So, with my concentration it allows me to take the classes that familiarize me with the skills and knowledge to operate all aspects of my family business. This summer I have the opportunity to have an internship in Champaign, IL working for BASF as a field biologist. This location is one of BASF's largest research farms and myself and three other interns will be in charge of managing the grounds, performing test on the multiple plots, as well as recording results of the trials we will be able to perform. This location also brings in a large number of tours throughout the summer, which I look forward to be able to communicate with many people in the industry, interested in the study's we will be conducting.

Karson Kamman
kamman0@purdue.edu

If you have an questions, fell free to reach out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment