Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

          Hello all I am Kyle Fogle an agronomics business and marketing major, and I am also minoring in farm management and food science management. I am a junior here at Purdue. I am also a transfer student from Ivy Tech Columbus region so this is only my second semester here at Purdue.

          The week that just past was a major week for a lot of people as it was the last week before the halfway point in the semester and also the four day weekend that is our fall break. Anther big happening this past week was the agriculture career fair where almost 200 businesses were represented. This event is very important as this is the basis for most internships and full time employment that will occur after seniors graduate or the summer begins. In many cases students have been preparing for some time and there is never as much opportunity on campus than this event. I had a very successful day and talk to several businesses along with being asked for a couple interviews.

     Now that we made it through this week kids can also say that the first round of exams are done and are preparing any projects and the next round. One project I am working on is I have to collect 15 weeds for a weed collection which has been a little different as there are 50 that can not be used, but from my internship with premier I have been able to collect all the specimens from the required ecosystems of row crop, clipped or mowed and untouched areas. Now enjoy the agronomy department and it has plenty of opportunities as long as there is a will to pursue them. I hope to see even more interest in agronomy in the years to come.


Boiler Up!

Kyle Fogle

No comments:

Post a Comment