Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Oh We're Halfway There...

With the new semester recently starting, I've been completely swept away by the undertow. I'm taking way too many classes and for the first time in my life, I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, I haven't taken a second to reflect on how far I've come and how far I still have to go.

I realized today that the close of last semester marked my halfway point in college. I am one and a half years in with one and a half to go. That just seems insane. How am I halfway done already? It has been crazy and hard, but worth every second.


In the past year and a half I have gained a countless number of friends, made millions of memories, work harder than I've ever had to before, laughed harder than I've ever wanted to before, and had more fun than I've ever have before. So in other words, so far college has been amazing.

Yes, I've studied. Yes, I've spent late nights doing homework. Yes, my homeworks are finished minutes before that 11:59 pm deadline. Yes, sometimes I have to bribe myself with food to get to classes. But none of that is what I'm going to remember when I think back to my college days.


I'm going to remember the time that my best friend invited me to her sororities Dad's Day and we got rained out at Ross-Ade. I'm going to remember the long soil judging trips with some of the best people I've ever met. I'm going to remember when Agronomy Club won the Farmer's Olympics and the team lifted me high over their heads. Killing time in the Crops Resource Center with friends. Hugging a goat in the Memorial Mall. Eating Insomnia Cookies and pizza with my roommate on out dorm room floor.



The last three semesters here at Purdue have really been a blessing (sometimes in disguise but a blessing none the less). I'm incredibly grateful to study beside some of the world's most intelligent people. I can't believe that I have less than three semesters to go but I also can't wait to see what they have in store for me.


Lots of Love and Boiler Up!

Shelby Sigman

No comments:

Post a Comment