Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Final Countdown-Senior Year!


After finishing my last first week of classes as an undergrad, I can’t help but reflect on the classes that have helped sculpt me over the past 3 and a half years. Fortunately, I was able to intertwine some electives to add some “fun” to my senior year. During the fall semester, I was able to take a flower arranging class (HORT 360). The class is actually pretty competitive to get into! Fortunately, for students in the College of Agriculture, we get priority in enrolling into the class. The instructor is charismatic and the class is interesting. This class is worthwhile, even though it may not be in your major field of study. During my time in flower arranging, I was able to learn about the dynamics that play into the flower industry. If you’re a flower lover, the instructor also gives tips and tricks on how to save money when buying flowers! For being a science major, it was nice to be able to create something with my hands and incorporate creativity into my studies. Our labs consisted of making corsages, vase arrangements, wreaths, foam arrangements, and much more! I had a great time in the class and encourage anyone who has the time to take to definitely do! Switching to this semester, I have also had the opportunity to take the history of Rock and Roll (HIST 371); this is another great class on Purdue’s campus. From my one week of class, the instructor reels you in and grabs your attention. I’ve enjoyed the classes I’ve been able to taken within the NRES field, and it’s been great to be able to take other classes in order to make myself well-rounded. 

Boiler up!
Nicole Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment