Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Happy Fall!!
As a junior in Agronomy here at Purdue, this time of year brings lots of excitement along with some stress. I have recently confirmed my internship position for this coming summer, which is super exciting! I will be a Sales Intern with Syngenta based out of West Lafayette, IN. I will be spending most of my time at their Grow More Sites in Indiana and Illinois. These are similar to “show farms” or “research plots”, where Syngenta brings customers to show them the new and coming products from the company. This will be another wonderful experience to grow in my agronomic knowledge and understand more of the many components of the agriculture industry.
November is the cue to students that finals and deadlines are quickly approaching! Most of us are in the midst of group projects, mid-term exams, lab reports, and preparing for final exams. This can be a very stressful time for busy students, but knowing that Christmas Break is coming always helps us get through it! Along with the school work right now, we are having some exciting things happen on campus! The Boilermaker Football team has earned the second win of the year, which makes for a great atmosphere for the team and fans. 
 The annual College of Agriculture Hog Roast was a lot of fun last week with the Farmer Olympics! The newly accepted high school seniors are making visits to West Lafayette to see their future home as Boilermakers! We always enjoy seeing the next class of students bring their enthusiasm to campus and look forward to having them here next year. Basketball season is right around the corner and has fans pumped up for the coming weeks.
The semester is moving along quickly. As a junior, it is hard to believe that classes will be over in six weeks and I will be one more semester closer to graduation! It seems like just yesterday that I was a freshman and taking my first exam in college. I am so grateful for all of the experiences I have had thus far and the people that made it so enjoyable. Like they always say, “Time flies when you’re having fun!”
Until next time,

Christy 

No comments:

Post a Comment